Fit is when you are physically able to get around and do the things you like, and getting fit may not be as difficult as you thought. And the best part is that using bodyweight exercises can do just as well as lifting weights to strengthen your legs, body, arms, arms and core.
The first step to any successful exercise program is determining what form of exercise you like the best. You probably know which workouts you dislike, so just rule them out right away. But even if you are already working out with weights to gain muscle using bodyweight just makes more interesting and fun.
If you tried the gym and weights and knew right away it wasn’t something you were interested in, this could be your answer. The main thing is to not give up because regular exercise strengthens your brain. In fact, bodyweight exercises are the perfect replacement or routine change to weight lifting.
Using your body weight for a workout is a great choice because it improves your flexibility, strength, and of course, overall health. In addition, the best part is that you can change your body shape with no equipment and no cost.
And these exercises are really efficient. In fact, the University of Rostock, Germany found that by doing plyometrics, you will be able to see some great results in a very short period of time. Since you won’t need any equipment when doing these types of exercises, you will be able to transition from one exercise to another very quickly.
Some of the most famous types of bodyweight workouts are HIIT upper body training (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts. They are known for making you both stronger and endurable in a very short period of time. However, before you even think about trying to do some HIIT workouts, know that they are very challenging, and probably aren’t the best choice for beginners.
More Body Weight Workouts
- Single-Leg Deadlifts
Benefits of Working Out With Your Own Bodyweight
- They help prevent injuries. This is very important for anyone that wants to exercise regularly since injuries are one of the main reasons why people stop working out. Bodyweight exercises are great because they are safe for you regardless of your fitness level, age, or experience.
- Spice up your workouts. You can do them indoors, outdoors; you can do them alone or with a group of people. You can also include, for example, some strength exercises in a cardio workout. You literally have the freedom to create whatever type of workout routine you please.
- You won’t get bored. Many people stop lifting weights because they become bored with doing the same exercises every week. However, this is less likely to happen when you’re doing bodyweight exercises, as you can come up with countless workout variations that will always make your workouts interesting.
- Helps Alleviate Medical Conditions. It’s true! Like any regular exercise program you’re involved with, these exercises help reduce or alleviate a lot of medical conditions so many of us deal with.
- Limited excuses. You won’t have excuses like ‘the gym is closed now’ or ‘I don’t have enough money for the membership this month.’ You can do bodyweight exercises no matter where you are, no matter how late (or early) it is, and no matter if you have money or not.
- You’ll work your core. It’s pretty hard to make your core stronger when lifting weights, while it is not really a challenge when you’re doing bodyweight exercises. According to a study published by the English Institute of Sport, a stronger core will improve your overall performance, provide you with a better posture, give you tighter abs, and help relieve lower back stress.
- Always challenging. In the fitness world, challenging means fun. Moreover, bodyweight exercises really are challenging, as you can always modify them to make them tougher.
Bodyweight exercises are the perfect workout routine if you grew tired of lifting weights. Doing them won’t cost you anything, while you will have the freedom to do them anywhere you want (from a hotel room to a park outdoors). Not to mention that you will also have a chance to be creative and modify any exercise you want.