Knees are not only vital to any activity – they are the most vulnerable joints of the body. They are shock absorbers constantly on the job twisting and turning. Knee sleeves are the best protection from injury and great for adding support to weak knees. Whether your knees hurt from sports or athletics, exercise, arthritis, or you want to protect them, we’ve listed and reviewed the best knee sleeves for your needs.
We’ve detailed the best application, Pros and Cons, with a description and summary for each knee sleeve to help you with the best decision possible.
- Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves Review
- Rehband 7mm Knee Sleeve – Model 7051 Original Blue
- Mava Knee Sleeves Review
- Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves
- Stoic Knee Sleeves Review
- Bauerfeind Sports Knee Support Review
- TELALEO Knee Sleeves
- UFlex Knee Sleeve Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do Compression Knee Sleeves Work?
- Why Should I Wear Knee Sleeves?
- How To Measure For Knee Sleeves?
- How Do I Wash My Knee Sleeves?
- Can I Wear Knee Sleeves All Day?
- Can I Wear My Knee Sleeves When I Sleep?
- Why Should I Use Knee Sleeves For Squats?
- Which Knee Sleeves Should I Buy?
- Are Knee Sleeves Good For Arthritis
- Final Verdict On Choosing The Best knee Sleeves
Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves Review
This pair of compression sleeves from Nordic Lifting is a premium sleeve recommended for weightlifting, powerlifting, and Crossfit workouts. Nordics are meticulously designed to prevent painful knee injury along with upping your performance in the gym and competitions.
Applications: WeightLifting, Power Lifting, and Crossfit
- Nordics are carefully crafted with premium quality 7mm neoprene and reinforced stitching
- Ergonomically designed for added comfort and efficiency
- Perfect fit sizing makes them recommended for anyone. To get the right size, straighten your leg and measure the circumference of your knee mid patella
- Sizes available are from XS (which fits under 11.8”) to XXL (which fits 17” to 18.3”).
- Help increase your performance and help you complete physical routines at the top of your ability.
- Add support to your body’s weaker joints (knees), so that you can avoid having injuries and unnecessary pain.
- Great compression helps relieve joint and muscle pains and helps aid in muscle recovery and rehabilitation.
- Well known for their warming effect, which efficiently reduces stiff muscles and joints. By retaining heat, the risk of having injuries is also reduced.
- Price includes one pair with one year replacement guarantee.
Nordic Knee Sleeves Pros and Cons
- Great for beginners, amateur athletes, and anyone into exercise or fitness
- Suitable for men and women
- Designed for weightlifting, powerlifting, crossfit
- Good support for arthritic knees
- High quality
- Not suitable for running
- Made a little stiff for great squat and weight lifting support
Nordic Lifting sleeves are designed for people who are into weightlifting, powerlifting, Crossfit, and gym exercises, as well as other heavy fitness workouts.
They can help you perform at your best by providing superior support and compression for speedy muscle recovery and injury prevention.
Just make sure that you get the right size that will comfortably fit your knees using the sizing chart on Amazon.
Rehband 7mm Knee Sleeve – Model 7051 Original Blue
Rehband 7051 is definitely one of the most popular options, especially for Crossfitters, even though they are on the higher end of the market.
This Rehband knee sleeve is sold per piece and endorsed by popular names in Crossfit.
There’s no doubt that this knee sleeve is top shelf when it comes to performance and quality.
Applications: WeightLifting, Power Lifting, and Crossfit
- It is made of 100% neoprene with the top layer made with strong and durable material pique, adding even more support.
- It has dimensions of 11 x 7 inches, and weighs only 4 ounces.
- It has an anatomical shape and a two panel 3D design which provides a high level of comfort.
- It uses an advanced material technology for enhanced durability.
- It is used and popularized by fitness athletes, including weightlifters all over the world.
- It provides warmth, powerful stabilization, and strong compression to the knee joint to support blood flow and reduce swelling if there is any.
- It relieves pressure and improves coordination.
- It can help prevent knee strains and injuries.
- It also has a recovery effect which can help the wearer recover faster and rehabilitate faster from existing injuries.
- It has sizing guidelines to ensure that you will find the correct fit for your knees.
- It is sold as a single sleeve and not as a pair.
Rehband Pros and Cons
- Keeps knee joints warm and compressed
- High Quality material and workmanship
- Good cushion support
- Solid construction
- Multiple layers
- Nice stretch
- Neoprene construction rapidly absorbs moisture and odor
- Not so breathable, but great warmth and compression
- Price that meets quality and comfort
If you’re serious about your knees, workouts, and crossfit exercise, Rehband is the one.
They are a company that really takes pride in producing durable, long lasting, high performance knee sleeves — including the original Rehband 7mm Knee Sleeve Model 7051.
You’ll find these sleeves packed with great features, making them the top choice of many professional athletes, including weightlifters.
Mava Knee Sleeves Review
Mava Sports came up with these knee compression sleeves by thinking about people who need a product that can provide better knee support and compression.
Mava sleeves also provide safety and injury prevention for those who are into cross training, powerlifting, weightlifting, and other heavy workouts.
Applications: Joint Pain and Arthritis Relief, Improved Circulation Compression – Effective Support for Running, Jogging,Workout, Walking, Hiking and Recovery
- Mava knee sleeves provide orthopedic support to prevent any injuries as well as joint pain recovery, which is useful during rehab.
- Mava compression helps reduce inflammation and swelling by stimulating blood flow. They also help relieve muscle stiffness, soreness, pain, and knee discomfort, including arthritis, osteoporosis, and tendonitis.
- Heating effect and compression promotes pain relief from osteoporosis, and swelling and promotes muscular recovery and rehabilitation.
- No stiffness, no itching and never conflicts with full knee mobility.
- They are double-stitched for durability and built to last.
- Very comfortable and efficient for weight lifting, running, working out in the gym, or a trip to the mall.
- They come in different sizes, from small to double extra large.
Mava Pros and Cons
- Competition grade sleeves great for heavy workouts, running, walking, hiking, arthritis, and recovery
- Great support and flexibility
- Work great for addressing knee problems including injuries and arthritis
- Soft design leaves no stiffness or soreness after use
- Great for healing and rehab
- I enjoy the long length, but you may not
- Must be very careful to use sizing chart accurately for best fit
These 7mm knee compression sleeves by Mava Sports are guaranteed to help athletes and fitness enthusiasts with muscle recovery and prevent injuries.
They are not limited to those who are constantly doing heavy workouts because they can also help those with knee problems and those who need knee support and compression.
Mava Sports Knee Sleeves are anatomically shaped for better performance and for optimal support. They will also not slip off while worn.
Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves
Bear KompleX is an athletic company that was started by “a couple of very average athletes with slightly above average aspirations, and way above average palm rips from the Speal bar.”
Bear KompleX is well known around the world for lifting gear such as belts, bands, hand grips and everything targeted towards functional fitness athletes.
Reading the features below will show you why they have such a powerful reputation when it comes to strength and powerlifting sports.
Applications: Cross training, weightlifting, wrestling, basketball, squats, and more
- Both 5mm and 7mm — whichever suits you best, for optimal support and comfort.
- Provide good range of support and compression, especially when performing a variety of exercises like squats, power cleans, snatches, box jumps, lunges, running, double unders, and more.
- Aide in reducing pain by increasing blood flow during and after training and matches.
- Excellent warmth to help prevent injuries while performing different movements.
- Available in multiple colors that appeal to both men and women. Available colors are black, purple, red, black camo, blue camo, pink camo, neon yellow camo, stars and stripes, lightning, and Aztec, which is reversible with gray.
- Professionally manufactured with four seams, two on each side, in a countered fashion to provide pro support and long lasting durability
Bear Komplex Pros and Cons
- Tapered, snug, and contoured fit
- Known for comfort and staying in place well
- Multiple colors and and fun designs
- Price is for a pair of 2 knee sleeves
- Great for wrestling as well as all other sports and activities that need great support and protection
- May find them less flexible when compared to other sleeves
- Rigid at first, but nice when broke in
Bear KompleX allows a full range of motion movements and offers good support and compression.
Their support can be considered as mid-range
Add a little flair to workouts with a large variety of colors and patterns
Stoic Knee Sleeves Review
Stoic’s Performance 7mm are the result of several years of research and development directed specifically at coming up with high quality and powerful knee sleeves.
That is why, with years in the making, users can be assured that special attention was given to every detail of these sleeves and that there are no weak links in their construction.
You will immediately feel the quality difference upon using the sleeves because of the great features, such as these listed below.
Applications: Powerlifting, Bodybuilding, Weight Lifting, Ultra Heavy Duty
- Manufactured from highest grade and heaviest duty materials, so they are built to outlast other brands in the market.
- Ultra high density 7mm neoprene, which gives maximum support and rebound, especially when performing heavy workouts.
- Provide added heat retention, which can significantly reduce aches and pains during and after exercise.
- Superior levels of support and were tested to perform well even in the most extreme conditions.
- Stoic’s patent pending triple reinforced seam are considered to be the strongest stitch used on any knee sleeve.
- Designed and built to last — as the inside and outside of the sleeves are made with heavy grade tear resistant materials.
- Complete knee and upper and lower leg coverage and support as they come in full 30cm length.
- Added warmth and compression on the knee joints and other surrounding muscles.
Stoic Pros and Cons
- Great knee pain reduction, protection and support in the gym
- Made for superior and highest grade materials
- Great for all levels of fitness enthusiasts
- Unbreakable construction
- Made with extra length for more protection and support
- Might be difficult to put on if you order too tight
- Only recommended for weight lifting, bodybuilding, squats, and cross training
These performance 7mm compression sleeves from Stoic are indeed of professional quality, ultra heavy duty, and are built to last.
Designed to be used for powerlifting, bodybuilding, and weightlifting, to achieve the next level in leg training.
Provide maximum support and performance, which is why a lot of athletes and fitness enthusiasts prefer them.
Challenge your best performances with these Stoic knee sleeves for powerlifting.
Bauerfeind Sports Knee Support Review
Bauerfeinds aren’t your normal neoprene knee sleeves that most people are using in the gym.
Bauerfeind GenuTrains are soft knit fabric that feels stretchy, comfortable, and is quite breathable.
Where neoprene sleeves keep your knees and legs wet with sweat, Bauerfeind is manufactured to wick away moisture as it warms your knee cap area.
Applications: built for sporting activities such as basketball, football, soccer, baseball, running, lacrosse, tennis, weight training & more!
- Order from as many as 13 different sizes for a perfect fit
- Made from soft knit material
- Elastic knit makes them comfortably snug
- Bauerfeind has been in business for over 80 years
- Manufactured to relieve pain, provide support without limiting mobility
- Machine Washable
- Built in spiral stays to ensure shape and snug fit
- Viscoelastic Omega pad to cushion the kneecap as it relieves pain in knee and surrounding area
- Great for Arthritic knees to reduce pain and swelling
- Not as hot as neoprene and more supportive than lycra
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Manufactured with knee pain relief in mind
- Knit fabric for easy washing and comfort
- Easy and comfortable to wear all day long
- Wide range of sizes for perfect fit
- Good for sports, running, walking, arthritis relief, and painful knees
- Very high quality products come with higher price tags
If you’re looking for a great all around knee sleeve that’s easily worn all day for comfort, support, and knee pain relief — look no further.
Great knee support and stabilization for any sports and exercise activities. (*Note* These are not made from more rigid neoprene to wear for squats and powerlifting.)
The Bauerfeind Air Knit fabric is one of the most comfortable knee sleeves made with superior freedom of movement.
They are really great for activities like basketball, baseball, running, walking, tennis, football, and all other sports that require a lot of freedom of movement.
TELALEO Knee Sleeves
Telaleo Knee Sleeves are 7mm neoprene knee braces for powerful support and stabilization.
Telaleos are used primarily for heavy lifting and deadlifts.
However they are also advertised and used extensively for soccer, football, basketball, and so on.
You’ll find them to offer great support and help with healing.
High compression, stability, support, warmth, and at a great price make them a good choice for many.
Applications: Strong Support for Heavy-lifting, Squats, Gym and Other Sports
- 7mm Thick Neoprene
- Anti-slip and rollback due to thickness
- Strong compression for injury prevention, warmth, and muscle memory
- Washable, durable, lightweight comfortable
- High Quality with secure seam
- Unisex design
- Thickness and construction for fast warm up and heat retention
Telaleo Pros and Cons
- Quality knee sleeves at affordable price
- Made to last
- Flexible for most comfort
- One year warranty
- Complaints about sizing so read reviews before ordering (most of all, take your time and read the sizing chart)
Telaleo Knee Sleeves come with mixed reviews. However, you will see for yourself that most negative reviews are due to people ordering too small.
When any knee sleeves are too small, you encounter all sorts of problems, including ripping and not comfortable. (TELALEO knee sleeves are actually a high quality product, so don’t be put off by the affordable price — order right, and don’t wear them if they’re too small)
Take your time, order according to their chart, and you will have a great pair of neoprene knee sleeves for a very affordable price.
UFlex Knee Sleeve Review
UFlex Knee Sleeves come with great compression designed to improve endurance and keep your knees protected from injury.
UFlex supplies moderate support and is great for arthritis, tendonitis, meniscus tears, and runners knees.
They’re made from a nylon and Lycra blend for comfort, flexibility, and durability.
Applications: Running, Jogging, Sports, Joint Pain Relief, Arthritis and Injury Recovery
- Suitable for any sports activity that stresses knees
- Pain relief for arthritis, tendonitis, jumpers and runners knee
- Built in anti slip silicone so you never need worry about rolls or slipping down
- Compression level is good for squats, weightlifting, yoga, etc.
- Ultra lightweight
- 3D technology for a perfect 4 way stretch
UFlex Pros and Cons
- Anti-slip to prevent them from being ankle sleeves
- Great knee support
- Easy to get on and off
- Could be the Best Knee Sleeve for the Price
- I’ve never had a complaint
- I can’t find any real complaints
UFlex knee compression sleeves are absolutely great for running and walking. If fact if you’ve tried other brands and been less than satisfied, UFlex is going to amaze you.
They are produced with modern 3D technology that produces knee sleeves with a 4 way stretch to make them amazingly comfortable. The 4 way stretch ensures great protection, compression, warmth, and support.
You will notice right away the heating effect that is helping to eliminate any swelling, stiffness, and sore knees.
If you’re running with arthritis or sore knees look for unequaled pain relief and recovery time.
Never worry about them slipping, bunching up, or rolling. That’s due to the double silicone anti slip wave that grips your leg and knee to keep you from constantly readjusting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Compression Knee Sleeves Work?
Of course they work! Are they magic and cure all knee ailments? Of course not! Knee sleeves are for people who want to invest a few dollars to take every precaution against knee injury.
And people who have sore, injured, or arthritic knees who want pain relief and the ability to stay active. They work to provide stability and protection to weak knees and knees involved in sports, athletics, and other activities that stress knees.
Why Should I Wear Knee Sleeves?
Knee sleeves are designed and used to help you protect knees with previous and future injuries. They work by keeping a constant compression factor on the knee joint, muscle tissue, tendons and ligaments surrounding it.
The compression element is for increasing blood flow and circulation to the area. The increased blood flow works to reduce pain and swelling from activities that are particularly hard on knees. At the same time the compression acts to stabilize the joint, the patella, and increases proprioception. More About What Knee Sleeves Do.
How To Measure For Knee Sleeves?
Correct and accurate measuring is a must to realize the benefits from your purchase. Each manufacturer has their own standards, specifications, and directions for accurate measurement.
90% of the dissatisfied customers are those who did not take the directions seriously enough to make accurate measurements per the manufacturer. For the best and most accurate measurement, use an inexpensive (one dollar) seamstress measuring tape exactly how and where the directions advise. The best practice when falling on a division line is to order the smaller size.
How Do I Wash My Knee Sleeves?
Read the directions! However, most cloth knee-sleeves (but not all) can be machine washed BUT not machine dried. So wash and air dry. If you can’t machine wash them, throw ’em in the sink with a mild detergent and scrub away.
If your sleeves are neoprene the directions might say do not machine wash. I wash mine in the machine anyway with a very light detergent and air dry inside out. If they get out of hand do this: 1. Boil them for 4-5 minutes, remove from heat, add light detergent and let them soak for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly. You can also soak them in hot water and vinegar.
Can I Wear Knee Sleeves All Day?
I often wear my sleeves all day when I’m on my feet all day. The added support makes my knee feel comfortable all day and I avoid the soreness that follows when I don’t.
However, if you find yourself wearing your Knee Sleeve all day for chronic pain, you probably need to consult a physician. A qualified specialist would be in a better position to let you know what’s going on with your knee, and maybe suggest a knee brace instead of a sleeve.
Can I Wear My Knee Sleeves When I Sleep?
A knee sleeve should fit tight enough to allow for compression, but not so tight that it’s uncomfortable or digging into your legs at the top and bottom bands.
With that in mind most people have no problem sleeping in them, even though they are designed to help blood flow while you are moving around. So be sure your sleeve isn’t too tight and cutting off circulation when you sleep in them.
Why Should I Use Knee Sleeves For Squats?
When you are squatting and standing with weights on your shoulders you are definitely putting an abnormal amount of weight and pressure on your knees. Wearing knee sleeves that fit correctly will help reduce pain, soreness, and inflammation that is common to squatting.
Quality neoprene sleeves will aid in blood circulation to keep your knees warm helping to prevent serious injury. And there is the possibility that you can lift more with sleeves. Read more about squats and sleeves.
Which Knee Sleeves Should I Buy?
First of all, you’ll think through what you expect to gain from wearing knee sleeves. When you purchase quality sleeves you are purchasing a product that has been manufactured with a specific end purpose in mind.
Knee sleeves for arthritis will not be the same product as those for weight lifting. Both of those are made with keeping the patella in place in mind. However, some people need an open patella sleeve. I’ve tried to save money with generic brands and wound up with nothing, so my advice is to buy brand name sleeves with history, reputation, and reviews.
Are Knee Sleeves Good For Arthritis
Knee sleeves have been around the sports and athletics world for years, but are now becoming a popular item for arthritis in the knees. When osteoarthritis starts taking away the cartilage in knees it leaves you with pain, muscle soreness, and unsure steps.
I stay active with arthritis thanks to my sleeves. I can walk or jog every day without feeling like my knee is about to collapse and without the soreness and pain that comes without them. My opinion is that they are too inexpensive NOT to try one for yourself.
Final Verdict On Choosing The Best knee Sleeves
When it comes to choosing the best knee sleeves, it is important to not scrimp on the price in order to get the best there is in the market.
Each manufacturer designs in their own advantages and disadvantages, but the ones I’ve listed are some of the best that you can get.
Just keep in mind that although there are a lot of different models choosing the perfect one for your needs should not be too complicated.
Always consider your needs, based on what you do and the workout routine that you have.
- Will you be doing a lot of heavy lifting?
- Are you a runner, or a jogger?
- Do you need knee sleeves to stay in place and comfortable all day for an injury?
- Looking for support and compression for arthritic knees?
Some knee sleeves are best for one activity only, like sleeves for weightlifting; others are much lighter and more flexible to cover more activities with one sleeve.
So it’s important to determine how much stability you need, and what you’ll expect to get the best results from your own knee sleeves.